Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Traditional Illustration vs. Digital Art

At one point in my life my goal was to become an Illustrator. I reveled in the creative bliss drawing, painting, illustrating had provided me. Illustration seems to take on, or rather engulf,a piece of its artist and you can see the emotion --the soul in a finished piece. In this day and age of advanced technology, so much can be done via computer graphics - that at times it can be difficult to decipher between hand drawn art or digitally created art. At times it's difficult to choose between the two. In my opinion, each holds its own depending on what is trying to be accomplished or conveyed. At one point I veered more towards the traditional art - getting your hands dirty and being able to mix colors with your fingers. But, as I think about it..I am open to both, mainly because each produces a piece quite unique and worthy of conversation.

Can you tell whether the photo below is traditionally illustrated or digitally produced?

No comments:

Post a Comment